Twelfth Annual Gibsons Fall Fair
Quality Farm & Garden Greenhouse
325 Pratt Road, Gibsons
Saturday October 6th, 2012, 10:00am – 5:00pm
Sunday October 7th, 2012, 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Craft Fair info
- Quilting contest info
- Fibre arts display
- Baking contest info
- Scarecrow, pumpkin, sunflower & vegetable contests info
- Hospital auxiliary bake/craft sale & raffles
- Great door prizes to be raffled off
- Lions club concession booth
- All proceeds donated to local charity
- Family fun for all!
Come on down and check it out for yourself! Bring the kids, bring
the company... start your Christmas shopping early!
For more information please contact Jill-Marie
at 604-886-3445 or Jacky at 604-886-3963, or Darren Wheeler at 604-886-2693.
Want to Volunteer? We always need help!! Come join us for a weekend of fun...
Please call Jill-Marie at 604-886-3445 or Jacky at 604-886-3963, or Darren Wheeler at 604-886-2693.
Help promote the fair
2012 Poster coming soon! The more advertising the better for all! Thank you so much for your participation and we look forward to another fun and successful year!
Contest entry form will be available at the fair.
Entries should have information form attached somewhere secure to your entry. On the bottom or back if possible so as not to influence judging! Fees can be paid when setting up entry. Entries to be accepted from Friday 1:00–6:00pm and Saturday 10:00am–5:00pm. Entries will be judged Saturday evening, with ribbons to be handed out in all categories on Sunday. Please pick up entries by 4pm Sunday.
All proceeds from entry goes entirely, 100% to local charities. This is a totally non-profit venture!!
Contest Categories & Entry Fees
- Biggest Pumpkin
- Open to kids ages 0-16. Get your entire class, or group such as Scouts, Cadets, etc. involved with one entry! Talk to your teacher or leader! $1.00
- Biggest Pumpkin
- Open to kids and grandparents $1.00
- Baking contest
- Open to all ages. Remember that the theme is apples, so your entry must
have apples in some form! $1.00
- Biggest Sunflower
- Open to kids age 0-16 $1.00
- Weirdest Vegetable
- Open to kids age 0-16 $1.00
- Vegetable Person
- Open to kids ages 0-8 – get creative and add funny things around the
house or yard to make your person extra special!
- Biggest Dahlia
- Open to all ages $1.00
- Quilting Block Contest
- Fall theme $1.00
- Scarecrow Contest
- 5 categories: Kids 0-13; group (family or business or youth/adult group
ie: Scouts); Kids 13-16; Adults; School entries. Be creative! $1.00 per entry
Crafters & Artisans
Click here to download a Craft Fair application (PDF).
Booths must be set up on Friday, Oct. 5th, between 12:00 and 6:00pm unless previous arrangements have been made. Table fees must be paid in advance. Please phone Jacky Scott: 604-886-3963 or Jill-Marie: 604-886-3445 and we will send you a letter with further information. Reserve your space early as we already have sign ups!
Letter to Crafters:
We would like to thank you for your interest in our 12th annual Fall Fair.
We look forward to a gorgeous weekend, beautiful crafts and great company. It is important for you all to know that this is a non-profit venture, with all monies being donated to various local charities. If you would like a breakdown of these donations, feel free to leave your name & contact information with Jill-Marie or Jacky after the fair and the donation breakdown information will be forwarded to you after the monies have been dispersed.
Fees are as follows:
Space rental fees: $50 (6 ft space); $65 (8 ft space); $100 (12 ft space).
(6 ft space may consist of either a) bakers rack or b) flat table.)
Table fee may be paid in cash or cheque (payable to Jacky Scott re: Gibsons Fall Fair).
Payment must be received to reserve a table.
Full payment must be received by August 1st, 2012 to guarantee a spot.
There will be a limited number of entries per medium, so get your application in early to avoid disappointment.
We will be asking each crafter to donate an item at their discretion, for a gift basket that will be used as a door prize. Money raised from this will be donated to St. Mary's Auxillary. Please bring your item to Jill-Marie's station at the main entrance, or have one ready when the collection basket comes around.
The Gilded Goddess Award
This coveted beauty will be awarded on Saturday morning. She will adorn the table that is deemed 'Most Creative Display', and you will get to show her off for the entire weekend, to the envy of all others!
Please be advised that there will be photographs being taken throughout the fair weekend. If you do not want photos taken of you or your display, please advise Jill-Marie or Jacky by Friday afternoon, as some photos will be taken Friday evening for The Coast Reporter and The Local papers.
- Friday October 5th is set up day from 12:00pm until 6:00pm. All crafters must be done by 6:00pm as we have families to feed!!!
- Saturday October 6th doors open at 10:00am sharp to the public! We will run until 5:00pm on Saturday.
- Sunday October 7th doors open at 10:00 and we close at 4:00pm.
Other Stuff including 'The Fine Print':
- Vendors should be here at least 15 minutes prior to opening. All vendors should be ready to do business at 10am sharp each day. This is a 2 day event, and unless prior arrangements are made, vendors are required to be set up both days of the fair. Should you choose to pack up early or show up for only one day, please be aware that you will not be asked or accepted into next year's Fair.
- The market is specifically designed for hand-made and/or home-made products — no imports please. Resale of purchased goods is not permitted. Vendors are to sell only what they have been approved for. If you wish to sell an item not previously approved, you must first speak with the Fair organizers. Fair organizers reserve the right to ask vendors to remove items that they have not been accepted for.
- Each crafter is responsible for his/her own set-up/display and cash.
- There is no seating behind the tables; please take the time to go down to Quality Farms if you can and get a good idea of the set up and what you will require for your display. Bring your own chair if you need one, but be aware that you will be sitting in front of or beside your table. You chair should you wish to bring one, should not be so large as to impede the flow of visitors.
- There is to be NO set up of displays and / or product in the walkways between tables.
- Space requests will be accepted, but not guaranteed. They will be assigned on a first come first serve basis once payment has been received.
- Each crafter takes full responsibility for items left on site. It is understood that goods are left at your own risk.
- Please be aware that Quality Farms is open for business during the Fair. Once vehicles have been unloaded, vendors are kindly asked to remove their vehicles from the parking lot. Last year the majority of the parking spaces in the Quality Farms lot and on the road right out front were occupied by vendors' vehicles. This meant some shoppers of both the Fair & Quality Farm were having to park up to 4 blocks away. This costs both Quality Farm and you, the vendors, valuable business. Removing your vehicles from the parking lot will allow Fall Fair and Quality Farms shoppers to utilize the parking spaces in the lot and on the road right out front. Please try to park up or down Pratt Road and be mindful of neighbours' driveways and the bus stop. Please note: THERE IS NO PARKING IN OR IN FRONT OF THE LOADING BAY AREA OF QUALITY FARMS.
- Washrooms are provided for vendors, in the parking lot. They will be located across from the main entrance to the greenhouse. The washroom inside Quality Farms IS NOT to be used as their septic system is not designed to handle 2 days of heavy use.
- A concession stand by the Lions Club will be available for food and drink. This is not provided free of charge with the exception of a coffee ticket provided on Saturday morning. You can pick this up from Jill-Marie's station Saturday morning if you did not previously receive one, not at the concession trailer.
- Please remember that we are growing each year and will be open to suggestions/criticism, with the understanding that these will only be read after the fair is completed. Suggestion/comment sheets will be provided at your table. Please fill them out and return them to Jill-Marie at the entrance station. There is a box provided so that your privacy is preserved.
- Guilds, groups, clubs & general exhibitors: Your set up & break down will be the same as for the crafters (Please see above times) and please make sure that someone is manning your display at all times, as we cannot be held responsible for untended displays. Please also remember not to set up sales positions, such as cookie sales, at the main entrance, as this becomes intimidating to potential shoppers.
- Crafters & exhibitors are invited & encouraged to participate in any of the contests being held! Please feel free to ask Jill-Marie or Jacky for more information on these! Deadline for entries is noon on Saturday. It would be a hoot to see the scarecrows some of you creative people could come up with!
- Please remember that this is a greenhouse with a gravel floor. Organizers cannot be responsible for, or regulate the dew factor or the amount of dust that might come up from many people shopping your wares! The greenhouse vents and sides can be opened as the sun comes up to let any condensation and excess heat out and to keep the air fresh and the venue well ventilated. If you have sensitive wares, such as cards or clothing, please be aware of this—you will need to cover or pack them up at night.
- There will be a special charity can up at the entrance at Jill-Marie's station for each crafter to submit the name of their favourite local charity. Each year's donations will be picked from these entries. Please, only one submission per person.
- Please note that the coffee urn at the front station, the hot spiced apple drink, is not free for the taking. There is a cup sitting next to the urn and we rely on the honour system, so please respect this.
Site donated by Attention Web & Graphic Design